Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Boris1012
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 359
Message 1 of 4

T560 Backlit Keyboard not working

T560 backlit keyboard cannot be turned on as usual with physical button (Fn + Spacebar)

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 331
Message 2 of 4

Re: T560 Backlit Keyboard not working

Hi,

Did it ever work.  Does the Spacebar have the backlight symbol on it?  According to the base spec the backlit keyboard was optional - although I have no idea if any actually shipped without it.

http://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/ThinkPad/ThinkPad%20T560/ThinkPad_T560_Platform_Specificatio...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Boris1012
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 328
Message 3 of 4

Yes used to work perfectly fine and can adjust the brightness of backlit keyboard easily. And as mentioned there is symbol on spacebar 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 319
Message 4 of 4

If you just boot into the BIOS so there is nothing running, does the backlight work?  If not, my guess is that you most likely need a new keyboard.  (Other less-likely things can also cause those symptoms, but keyboard is most likely.)

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Top Kudoed Authors