Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Guru
Views: 1,066
Message 1 of 1

T560 Sound Enhancement Threads

Hi all

Recently, I got a T560 and I would like to share how well could the speaker performs. After testing and tweaking, I would say that the loudness is similar to Yoga 900, except Yoga 900 have louder mid (vocal) and T560 / P50s have louder high (clarity, background sound)

The tweaks is also optimal for P50s as it shares the same sound card and speakers as T560. The tweaks would not be optimal for other laptops, external audio device due to variation of frequency response.

To tweak the sound:
1. Go to Start > All Apps (All Programs) > Dolby > Dolby Audio

2. Click Personalize

3. There are two types of preset provided for the internal speaker, Loudness and Balanced. You may try out both to see what you prefer, and adjust the EQ accordingly to the photos below. Maximum preset is not recommended on the T560 / P50s as it's sound card would not supply enough power to drive the speakers and sound quality will decrease.

Loudness: Less bass, maximize midrange and treble sound loudness 

Loudness.PNG

Balanced: Flat response with increased overall sound loudness

Balanced.PNG

Peter
ThinkPad X40 | ThinkPad W520 | ThinkPad T560 | ThinkCentre E73 SFF | Yoga 11s | Yoga 3 Pro | Yoga 900 | Yoga Home 900 | Yoga Tablet 2 Pro | Miix 2 10" | IdeaPad Y460p | IdeaPad K1 | 3000 Y300 | Vibe K5 Plus

Give kudos to reward people for their assistance | Mark thread solved if the solution works | I am an active volunteer, not an Lenovo employee

=====================================

List of Sound Enhancement Thread

T520 | W520 ; Dolby ; IdeaPad Slate Tablet ; Yoga 3 Pro ; X100e ; Vibe Shot ; Yoga 900 ; P50 ; P40 Yoga | Yoga 14 | Yoga 460 ; T560 | P50s

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors