08-19-2016 06:56 AM
So, I have a following HW:
- ThinkPad T560
- ThinkPad Pro Dock 90W (40A10090EU)
- 2 external identical monitors (Eizo EV2436W)
Currently I am trying to use 3 screens:
1. internal on the laptop with resolution 1920x1080 @ 60Hz
2. external monitor connected to Pro Dock using DisplayPort with resolution 1920x1200 @ 60Hz
3. external monitor connected to Pro Dock using VGA with resolution 1920x1200 @ 60Hz
Internal display is okay, unfortunately for the external displays, I can set 1920x1200 only on 1 external monitor by default & 1920x1080 for the other one. When I use tool from Intel for managing the displays, I am able to set the custom resolution for the 2nd monitor to 1920x1200 but the image is blurry (I bet you to come and try to look at it at for 5 minutes). Based on the dock specification I can use only DP+VGA or DVI+VGA and both setups should be able to support 1920x1200 on both monitors.
What I tried:
- turning everything on and off
- update of graphics card driver
- update of dock driver
- DVI+VGA and DP+VGA (blurry image on VGA)
- DVI+DP (not working at all)
I bought Pro Dock based on the documentation here, so I expected 2 external monitors at 1920x1200, but I can achieve that only when the second monitor is not connected to dock, but directly to laptop using MiniDisplayPort-DisplayPort cable, but that ruins the whole purpose of having a dock.
Any help highly appreciated!