Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beta2011
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,224
Message 1 of 6

T570 Fingerprint reader stops working until restart

Brand new, fully updated windows, drivers ect. After a while the fingerprint reader stops working. No fingerprint option at the lock-on screen.

After restart it is working again. Any solution?

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,182
Message 2 of 6

Re: T570 Fingerprint reader stops working until restart

Sorry for this trouble.  I haven't heard a problem like this recently.  Next time the problem happens, please go to Device Manager and check if the Synaptics device is listed under "Biometric Devices" category.  Is there any problem reported with it?  Also, please click on the "Driver" tab and tell me what version it is.

giraffepoop
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,164
Message 3 of 6

My t470 has this problem too! 

The Fingerprint reader usually will still work if the laptop is waken from a "semi-sleep", by which I mean when you open it you see the Windows Login stuff;

But Fingerprint reader usually will not work if the laptop's been actually in a "sleep", it's when I see it's waken from a Lenovo Loading status!!!

pjc123
802.11n
Views: 1,143
Message 4 of 6

Same here.  Really did not pay attention to the condition at which it happens (Sleep and/or login screen), but occurs on my T470 as well.  However, it does always works during bootup.

giraffepoop
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,121
Message 5 of 6

Hey guys! I believe this problem's resolved in the latest Synaptics Fingerprint Reader driver, which just came out one or two days ago. You may install it through Lenovo Campinion or go to t470/570 driver support website. I don't know why but it's labled as an [optional] driver....

At least this problem hasn't occured anymore after I installed it. Let's try it out together!!!

beta2011
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,071
Message 6 of 6

Think You are right. I have not had the problem since. :-)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors