cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DeeRen07
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,328
Message 1 of 2

T570 - Ram Upgrade (no longer available?)

I have a Thinkpad T570 which runs pretty slow and I'd like to add another 8gb ram to the existing 8gb.  Looking on the Lenovo parts website, the option to purchase another 8gb module which is the same as my existing is greyed out.  Can I not buy this any more?  On the crucial website it lists ram which is compatible with my system, but is it compatible with the existing ram?

The current module is Micron 8ATF1G64HZ-2G6H1, DDR4-2666

Would this module be compatible? http://www.crucial.com/ProductDisplay?displayCompatibleLogo=1&urlRequestType=Base&catalogId=10151&pr...

Thanks

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,325
Message 2 of 2

Re: T570 - Ram Upgrade (no longer available?)

Probably, the one from Lenovo is temporarily out of stock.  In general, any RAM with similar specs will work, although there are occasional compatibility problems, especially with RAM described as "Value RAM".  I always suggest that people check the seller's return policy on any RAM they are buying.  I tend to buy whatever is cheapest.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors