Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
acdyess
Paper Tape
Views: 148
Message 1 of 1

T570 Screen sickness

I have been using this new T570 for just over a week and have noticed some really upsetting discomfort. After only a few minutes, my eyes become fatigued and I start to experience a strange chilling unpleasantness. The first time this happened, I ended up with a migraine for the rest of the day and got sick. 

As a disclaimer, I have normal (20/20) vision and I have never experience any negtaive side effects of using a computer, laptop or phone before. My main driver before getting this machine was a Samsung Tab S2 (AMOLED) and occasionally a normal desktop. I also own an LG G6 (LCD). This tells me that it is not simply the technology of LCD or AMOLED that is making me sick. 

I believe the T570 is an LED powered LCD screen (not sure though). This one is FHD with a matte filter. 

I have looked up things like PWM but this issue seems to occur whether or not the screen is full brightness. 

It took me a week to acknowledge that the issue is actually coming from the screen. I am currently using this with it plugged in to an external monitor and haven't had any negative side effects. Does anyone know what the problem could be? BTW, I also tried changing the resolution (didn't help) and zooming in to 175% (which I thought helped but it didn't).

Is this just how these screens are made?

Is it somehow bc of the matte finish (hard to believe) or the FHD (really hard to believe)?

Is this a defective screen?

Did I get stuck with a laptop that had a panel from a different manufacturer?

If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it. I literally cannot use this laptop with the screen it came with (which kind of defeats the purpose of having a laptop)

It's still under normal warrranty and I submitted a repair request, but I am concenred that they will receive this laptop and either conclude nothing is wrong or replace it with an identical screen and not solve anything. We'll see. 

Thanks in advance

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors