Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jthombenj
Paper Tape
Views: 458
Message 1 of 3

T570 Stopped Recognizing m.2 SSDs

Lenovo ASP working on a users T570. Randomly, the users machine stopped recognizing the m.2 SSD that came with the system as a boot option. Would only try to boot via LAN, before failing and going to the boot menu where it would only offer LAN as an option. The diagnostics screen also wouldnt give an option to run diags on the HDD and it isnt seen in the BIOS.

Assumed there was a failure with the drive cable or adapter. Replaced both and the drive still wasn't recognized. Connected the drive via a USB adapter to another PC and it spun up just fine. Thought maybe there was an issue with the system board. Replaced that and it still wouldn't recognize the drive. Tried another known working m.2 SSD and it wouldnt recognize that either. Updated the BIOS, still not being recognized.

I'm completely out of ideas. Anyone got anything?

bpredmon1
Paper Tape
Views: 400
Message 2 of 3

Re: T570 Stopped Recognizing m.2 SSDs

Apparently Lenovo doesn't know how to help?  I pulled my clients HDD to back it up before performing a clean install of 1803 and when re-installing the SSD cannot be seen any longer by the mobo. Got a replacement drive from Lenovo bc their support is clueless, mobo still couldnt see the new drive. Now they made me send the PC in for a new mobo. After reading other forums, users are stating the new mobo still won't see their m.2 nvme SSD. I am calling Lenovo back now to ask for a supervisor as someone in their engineering department either **bleep**ed up or is seriously slacking.

bpredmon1
Paper Tape
Views: 397
Message 3 of 3

Re: T570 Stopped Recognizing m.2 SSDs

Did you ever get this PC to see the nvme? Ill be getting mine back with a new mobo this week but am not hopeful after your experience.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors