Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DG_scilife
Paper Tape
Views: 1,931
Message 1 of 9

T580 Battery 1 0% not charging

Brand new T580 (20L9) and feel like I have had batter problems from the start. I have updated all there is to update to try to solve the problem but now have hit a dead end. Battery 1 currently says 0% and not charging and does not recognize it anymore I think.

Capture.PNG

Where do I go from here? I have looked around and seen other models with similar problems but nothing seems to come to a clear conlcusion on how to solve this.

andrewlg
Punch Card
Views: 1,916
Message 2 of 9

Re: T580 Battery 1 0% not charging

Apparently some T480 models were sold without an internal battery. Is this a possibility? Also, your posted image shows battery 1 as removeable. Maybe it is not connected properly (or defective).

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,907
Message 3 of 9

Is this the original battery or a replacement?

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
DG_scilife
Paper Tape
Views: 1,886
Message 4 of 9

This is the original battery that is built into the computer. I have had the computer for less than a month and in the beginning it seemed to recognize the battery but would have problems with the charging. It was going in and out to having it fully charged and then not recognizing it. For about a week now it has not recognized it at all and even battery 2 (external battery) seems to be failing. Battery 2 is recognized but will not charge back up when plugged in.

DG_scilife
Paper Tape
Views: 1,885
Message 5 of 9

Had the computer for a few weeks and in the beginning it did at least recognize the battery but nothing now for about a week. There seems to be something wrong with battery 2 as well. It doesn't charge up when plugged in and I am too afraid to keep it unplugged for any period of time.

DG_scilife
Paper Tape
Views: 1,881
Message 6 of 9

Just tried to perform a Battery Guage Reset for battery 2 and it "Failed. An unexpected error occurred"

GreenEnvy
Paper Tape
Views: 703
Message 7 of 9

Ever find a solution to this? Having a similar issue. We have a 4 month old T580, has an internal battery and removable. The removable one is at 0% and not charging. internal battery is fine.
I swapped the removable battery from another T580 that has been working fine, and it showed 23% and not charging. So issue appears to be charging, either hardware or software, rather than the actual battery.
I'll be trying to uninstall/reinstall battery next in device manager (Win 10 1803 Pro x64), and the ACPI power device.
DG_scilife
Paper Tape
Views: 699
Message 8 of 9

I ended up sending the computer to Lenovo for repair and now has been working without any battery problems.

GreenEnvy
Paper Tape
Views: 696
Message 9 of 9

ok, in our case once I removed the two batteries from device manager and rebooted, it started charging again. I'll keep an eye on it for a while but it seems ok now.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors