Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NuclearSunshine
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 325
Message 1 of 7

T580 Microphone Mute button not working

I recently performed a reinstall of Windows 10, and now my mic mute button is not operating! At first I thought it was maybe just the little light indicator not coming on, but a test proved that wrong.

What could be the cause of this, you think? And how could I possibly fix it?

Thanks

Guru
Views: 283
Message 2 of 7

Re: T580 Microphone Mute button not working

Welcome to the forums.

Did you reinstall the hotkey driver?

You need it to:

The utilities enable the full functionality for the special keys and buttons.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/THINKPAD-T-SERIES-LAPTOPS/THINKPAD-...

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

NuclearSunshine
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 256
Message 3 of 7

That did it, thank you!

Do you think there may be anything else I may need to look into which I may be missing?

Guru
Views: 244
Message 4 of 7

Easiest way to get updates is to use Lenovo Vantage.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/HT505081

With that being said I do not automatically install all updates offered by Vantage.  I see if it fixes a specific problem I have before I install.  I also wait until at least 3 weeks AFTER it becomes available just in case there is an issue with an update especially for BIOS updates.  I don't speak for Lenovo.  It just what I do for my own laptops.  I have never had a BIOS update go bad but I have seen it go bad for other people on the forums.  I have installed some bad driver updates in the past so now I wait weeks after it becomes available before installing and then only if it fixes a problem I have.

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-t-series-laptops/thinkpad-...

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

NuclearSunshine
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 219
Message 5 of 7

Cool, Thanks for the tips. I'll remember that.....

While I have you, I have encountered an additional problem, this time with my display. It has been failing to come on when I open the laptop lid back up. The computer is still functioning as I can hear notification chimes, but the screen stays off/black with no way for me to get it to come back on unless I hold the power button to force a power down.

You talking about certain drivers not being necessary and can sometimes cause problems has me thinking I installed something that is now causing this very issue with my display now.

I attached a screencap of what I have installed.... that "Thinkpad Monitor File", maybe?

Guru
Views: 210
Message 6 of 7

Do you have fast start up turned on?  Try disabling that and rebooting.  Also I recommend you start a new topic in regards to screen being black when resuming so that more people can try to help you.  Since this post is marked as solved for the Mic problem.  Even if someone has a solution they might not see your issue.

Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

NuclearSunshine
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 197
Message 7 of 7

Okay, thank you.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors