S2kjake
Blue Screen Again
Views: 100
Message 1 of 2

T580 RAM not detected

Spoiler
Machine: T580
Issue: new RAM not recognized by BIOS or Windows 10

Good afternoon, I would like to ask for help on a RAM issue I have been experiencing. I have tried scouring other forums and various websites to see if I could find a solution. I have not been able to resolve my issue.

Issue: The system does not recognize the upgraded RAM installed into the MOBO. Only 16 of the 32 GB are detected. I have verified on the Lenovo website that the computer can handle up to 32GB RAM.

Troubleshooting done:
1) swapped RAM into each slot
2) Verified the RAM are seated properly in the slot
3) Checked MSCONFIG to ensure there is no max RAM checkbox enabled
4) Verified that in the BIOS, it only detects 16GB instead of 32GB
5) Using one of the BIOS tools to perform a system check on memory to ensure that nothing is out of order.

RAM purchasedSmiley Tongueatriot Memory VIPER 4 series 32 GB (2x16GB) 2400Mhz SODIMM DDR4 PV432G240C5SK

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Jake

Update:
1) I removed one of the RAM chips from the machine and determined that the RAM still in the machine was detectable.
2) Using the same slot, I inserted the 2nd RAM chip... voila... faulty RAM chip.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 75
Message 2 of 2

Re: T580 RAM not detected

I have never used that particular RAM, but sometimes, aparticular type is not compatible.  The safest choice is to use RAM with a Lenovo FRU sticker.  I have also had good lick wuth Corsair Vengeance.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors