Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GPennarun
Blue Screen Again
Views: 609
Message 1 of 1

T580 and 40AH Docking Station - No USB

We have several T580s and 40AH docking stations and all have worked fine, until today when the USB ports on one of the docks stopped working. The display and charging functions are working fine, it is ONLY the USB ports that are not. I tried the USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports and neither work.

I can plug the mouse and keyboard into the laptop's USB ports and they work there. I also don't think it is the docking station itself - I moved the laptop to another 40AH dock and the exact same issue persists.

If it is a hardware problem then it could be one of the connectors on the laptop - the docking station slides 3 connectors in from the left side when connected so it may be one of those. 

I did install drivers and updates on the laptop yesterday, but the problem was not reported until mid-day today. I have fully updated the laptop with both Windows Update and Lenovo System Update. I can't find any firmware updates for the 40AH docking station, at least none that actually see the dock when run.

Has anyone else had this issue? Everything is on warranty so I will be contacting Lenovo support soon, but I figured I would get this out there.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors