Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mamba
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,069
Message 1 of 13

T580 downgrade to Windows 7 out of box

Please advise if Lenovo can deliver T580 with preinstalled Windows 7 Professional as out of box delivery so save several tinkering hours at user's garage. It had been tremendous performance issues with T570 with Windows 10 resource hog experience. I would not prefer to run Windows 10 again on T580 - high performance machine hogged by Windows 10. 

If Lenovo could pre-install downgrade option out of the box that would save several hours of research by end users, 

T580 with Windows 7 would perform more stable and solid provided if they have enabled all the drivers to function properly. 

This has been hugely frustrating experiencing to deal with T570 machine running Windows-10 Pro, I had to dump the machine. I dont have much confidence to run T580 on windows 10 pro, it would not even match T520 machine ( 7 years old machine) running on Windows -10.

Looking forward for the solution, request Lenovo team to enable Downgrade option as part of the customization to save users's time and stable user experience. 

If Lenovo Does not deliver out of the box, first thing to do after the machine is to wipe out Windows 10 to install, Please let us know if the drivers available or I would be placing a ticket to go through 100 steps to get it done. 

Thank you,

Mamba.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,062
Message 2 of 13

Re: T580 downgrade to Windows 7 out of box

There isn't a parts list yet, but I have seen nothing that implies that there will be any skylake CPUs and there is no support for legacy operating systems with newer CPUs.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Mamba
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,021
Message 3 of 13

T570 continously crashed or suffered due to Windows 10, CPU max 80% -90% spike was constant experience, it choakes during Windows update, it continue to produce serious damaging experience to end user experience.

Despite Significant hardware Innovation and technlogy advancement, end user experience goes down to 2 out of 10.

Now Intel also joined the bandwagon not to support legay OS -WINDOWS - 7 ( stable OS) new 8th gen CPU, Lenovo should provide most table user experience platform. Windows -10 should be  marked as Beta testing platform instead of causing endless user hours of frustrating user experience. 

Point here is that, Lenovo should provide Windows-7 based platform offerings, or continue to work on latest OS patch release to findout what kind of errors and fix them on demand basis through drivers or whatever it takes. 

It goes back to end user experience is serious nightmare experience using T570 or T580 based on Windows-10, let me know if anyone else is having solid stable experience and how did you achieve that ? 

If there is an option to downgrade to Windows-7 on T570 or T580, it will save everyone's time, _ which is far more valuable commodity which is completely discounted by the innovation upgrades.

I sincerely appreciate any of your support to solve the problem. I dont think Lenovo is going to do anything to fix Windows platform based issue, its not going to be an easy fix. 

Thanks,

Mamba. 

fleche
Punch Card
Views: 2,004
Message 4 of 13

Well, the issue here is not with Lenovo.

Microsoft wants everyone to move to Windows 10. They won't support Windows 7 on the new CPUs.

You can install windows 7 but you'll get the "unsupported hardware" error when trying to run updates.

It wouldn't be LEGAL for Lenovo to preload a "hacked" functional version of Windows 7.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,997
Message 5 of 13

I'm afraid you are "swimming upstream".  There were the same kinds of discussions 20 years ago when people were holding onto DOS 6.2. Later, people hung onto windows xp, resisting upgrading to windows 7.  In a few years, people will be holding onto windows 10 while new machines are sold with windows 15 or windows zz or whatever the next OS is.  I've given up the fight.  I don't install beta versions and I may not install until the first service pack or major fix comes out, but then I install.  I's easier than fighting.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Mamba
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,971
Message 6 of 13

Windows 7 Pro 64 is more stable and solid than windows 10 pro version, if the machine is Non-touch screen, there is no need to force the customers to use Win-10 bloated garbage with uncessary forced updates and resources drainer.   

It is an organized game to destroy user experience. Microsoft can recommend Win-10 but forcing everyone to use mediocre OS invites  total nightmare user experience. 

Please explain if we could get T570 pre-installed with Windoes 7 Pro since its officially supported ?

Windows 10 game would continue to invite more and more issues, may be after 10 years they will figure out a right way to offer to end users, It continue to force users to rethink why would anyone want to continue to waste their lives with pethetic OS, life is too short. 

If this is not working, I dont mind dumping entire system into garbage to switch to MAC, because " Time is Precious " and no one can pay back my time. 

Let me know which version of lenovo could be potentially delivered by Lenovo team with pre-configured windows-7 pro 64.

I apologize if this comes to you as very strong and blunt, this has been the user experience and I dont want to waste my time (another 200 hours ) chasing behind something is going to be a another nightmare experience everytime it runs through random update. 

Thank you for your support. 

fleche
Punch Card
Views: 1,964
Message 7 of 13

Windows 7 is still supported with 6th gen Intel CPUs. And T570s and T470s can have either 6th or 7th gen CPU.

So on SOME T570s modesl with the older 6th gen CPU, you can still get Windows 7 preloaded.

I'm not sure going to Mac/Apple does anything? You're still going to run into the same issue. That is Windows 7 is only supported on 6th gen Intel or older CPUs?

If these are work computers instead of a personal computer, something else to consider is Windows 7 end of life is about 16 month away. 

You NEED a plan to move foward by now. The clock is ticking, you have to test/use Windows 10 unless you plan on just using a soon to be unsupported/unpatched OS on older hardware that's getting older by the day.

kgoodkinn
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,919
Message 8 of 13

As others have said, Windows 7 is simply not not compabile and has no support for CPUs higher than skylake. Anything 6xxx or higher will not be compatible with Windows 7, Windows 7 will not even physically install on a device with a newer CPU. People have made 7 work with kaby lake and had to jump through a bunch of hoops to make it happen and windows updates are not supported. Either buy a Tx70 that still supposed Windows 7 or start learning 10 and move on because you only have a year and a half of life out of the 7 anyway.

Also if you are spending 200 hours working on an issue because of a Windows update, you are doing something wrong. There are ways to remove and prevent Windows 10 bloatware, how to block or disable updates. There are ways to make it look and function like WIndows 7. 

Your options are to buy an older machine that still supports 7, if you can find one in stock somewhere, or you can set up Windows 10 properly for the user to prevent potential issues you have run into.

ianw01
Token Ring
Views: 1,893
Message 9 of 13

I'm puzzled what the real issue is here. Windows 10 is not, in general, some giant resource hog that behaves as described in the OP. I'm not saying you need to or should like Windows 10, but there must be some explanation.

Here is my guess (just a guess): The machine gets an update, and a hurried user immediately labels it as slow. Just leave it on and let it finish all the background work and scanning that needs to be done. After big updates it can spend considerable time and CPU to "optimize" the .NET framework. 

If that is not it, solving/identifying the Windows 10 problem unique to you, whatever it is, should be more efficient in the long term than "swimming upstream" to get Window 7 for 16 months.

Mamba
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,860
Message 10 of 13

Let me try to recap about the major issues.

1) T570 constantly running at CPU max for 80-90-95% all the time, several junk programs running behind the scenes in WIn-10 OS besides disabling services. 

2) Trying to disable windows update on demand vs randomly hijacked by the Win-10, you wake up your laptop had crashed since it did OS upgrade patches and it does not boot. I have tried to disable windows update from automatically executing it ( both direct and policy update files) but it would not co-operate.

3) Why would CPU run to 90-100% all the time even you are barely running an excel or small programs, then consider running heavy programs then you Laptop choakes and runs out of resources to execute basic fucntionality, it had been a constant nightmare to deal with it.

4) Swimming upstream may look fancy on the proposal but there is no stable solution to consistently execute Win-10, you could wake up and your machine is crashed since it patch upgrade or everything crashes, then you endup formatting and restarting all over ( waste 2 days of wiping out and reimaging and rebuilding all the programs, then it burns down again. ) 

5) I have no issues running programs in Win-7 and I dont see any need to grade if they dont offer to upgrade, you could argue the patches but its only generates more issues then resolves any problem.

Hope you understand the nightmate time busters. 

6) WIN-10 Trying to replace Win-7 is far from the cry, only question would be any user going back and using older CPUs , however it would work without any issues, who cares if the Win-7 upgrade is not offered , they offer Junk any way as it is clear through Win-10 patches.

I'm holding up on upgrade to T580 or I may have to consider on contengency that it would go down anytime.

All the music around letting go of Win-7 does not make any sense, when Microsoft does not have any clue to offer stable Win-10 for non-touch User base.

Thanks for your help, 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors