Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ianw01
Token Ring
Views: 319
Message 11 of 13

Re: T580 downgrade to Windows 7 out of box

That sounds terrible. My non-touch Win 10 experience on my ThinkPad has been very good. Not flawless, but no show stoppers.

I'd start by tracking down the CPU-hogging processes on a bare-bones installation with up to date drivers and BIOS. Also use the Pro/Enterprise option to defer feature updates. Security updates are essential, so don't fight those reboots.

Good luck sorting it out!

ianw01
Token Ring
Views: 265
Message 12 of 13

Also, after any update, be patient. The system still has lots of work to do so, just leave it on until CPU use has settled down. See this article.

Mamba
Fanfold Paper
Views: 111
Message 13 of 13

When you are executing highly time sensitive tasks, every second or minutes matters to have the machine running as efficiently as possible, for batch jobs sure you can sit down patiently and go home, it does not work that way, The machine has to manage and run at peak state all the time, Win-10 overloaded baggage added more drama to the slowness, the same programs runs efficiently in windows-7 without CPU Spike - T420. Nuances around Net framework is not the answer.

We need more deep dive from CPU spike issue, it continue to reduce the confidence to plan for alternative Laptop besides serious investment for efficiecy.

CPU Spike choaking is not option.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors