cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bubenda1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 232
Message 1 of 2

T580 not charging to 100% with lenovo Vantage (Battery limiter turned off)

I am using Lenovo Vantage on my T580 to  enable charging limit to 80% (on both batteries - I have normal 24Wh secondary pack).

Today, I wanted to charge my laptop to 100% because I am going on trip without AC, so I disabled battery limiter feature in Lenovo Vantage, but only secondary (removable) battery charged to 100%. Internal battery stay on 80%.

This seems like major software bug. Only way to resolve it (kinda) right now is to remove removable battery and set limit to 100% in Lenovo Vantage. Even after doing this, my internal battery stopped charging at 97% (battery icon no longer have animation of charging) and I am getting 1% per hour. After 3 hours of charging without second battery I am still on 98%

So how am I supposed to charge both my batteries to 100% now? Is this some kind of joke in addition to MX150 throttling problems?

This model really starting to piss me off...

PS: BIOS and all recommended drivers are up to date. Checked today.

Lenovo Employee wangyanyan
Lenovo Employee
Views: 153
Message 2 of 2

Re: T580 not charging to 100% with lenovo Vantage (Battery limiter turned off)

hi,Bubenda1 

You can test whether it's caused by your device battery capacity loss.

You can Reset Battery and make calibration

There are two alternative methods:

1.  Charge completely->Discharge completely->charge completely, check whether it's ok to charge to 100%.

2. Roll back to 2.7 enterprise vantage version, which includes battery reset feature, then use battery reset feature in vantage to test it

refer to following tip to rollback to 2.7 enterprise version:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Vantage-Knowledge-Base/New-version-of-Lenovo-Vantage-10-xxxx-is-...

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors