Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dy2019
Paper Tape
Views: 324
Message 1 of 3

T580 screen quality, Lenovo refuses to repair T580 LCD screen under warranty

I refer to another similar complain post, I just met a similar problem with lenovo bad screen quality and poor customer service. I bought Thinkpad T580 laptop last year and used in a  normal  environment (always on the desk in my home). One day I found there is a 2x2cm light/white spot on the screen bottom area, which can only be observed when the screen background is in white color. Lenovo told me that it's cased by outside pressure  and they are not covering my screen replacement  under warranty. I own another thinkpad x260 which use in my daily and oversea business travel for over three years and everything is still fine. That's why I purchase T580 for my home use. It is disppointing  that Lenovo can  not  stand behind their product and stand behind their promise to customers (warranty).  Lenovo advertises the Thinkpad T580 as following on their webside:

"We test ThinkPads against 12 military-grade requirements and more than 200 quality checks to ensure they run in extreme conditions. From the arctic wilderness to desert dust storms, from zero-gravity to spills and drops, you can trust your T Series device to handle whatever life throws your way."

I disgree with their statement and  not going to pay ~$295 parts+ ~30 labour total around 325 to fix my screen.

Very disapointed with Lenovo quality and customer service, I won't consider Lenovo again if there is another choice.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 248
Message 2 of 3

Re: T580 screen quality, Lenovo refuses to repair T580 LCD screen under warranty

You can ask for a 2nd opinion, but thr kind of spot you describe is alwayscaused be pressing the front of the screen closer to the reflective layer in the back

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
dy2019
Paper Tape
Views: 244
Message 3 of 3

Re: T580 screen quality, Lenovo refuses to repair T580 LCD screen under warranty

yes, that is what the reason they told me

However, I uses this laptop on my home desk most of the time, and I don't remember any "speical event" that could case such extenal pressure on the casing.

On the other hand, I have a x260 which I carrying travel everyday for 3 years,and it's still fine. I think the chance of this x260 to have such "external pressure" is much higher than the T580.

If the T580 design is easily to have such problem because of such "external pressure" I think Lenovo should state in their product promotion, or a caution on the product spec. I would take to take this into consideration before pruchasing this model.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors