US

4 Signins

88 Page Views

• Views: 88
  • Message 1 of 2

T590 Dock Issue

2019-11-21, 18:57 PM

Hello, 

I've been experiencing some issues when using my T590 with the ThinkPad Thunderbot 3 Dock Gen 2 (40AN0135US.) I'll list all I've been experiencing and dock setup. 

Dock Setup

• 2x Lenovo P24h-10 connected to HDMI Dock outputs 
  • Ethernet
  • 3.5mm cable to speakers
  • 135W power adapter supplied with dock
  • USB-C cable connected to T590

1. When I connect the USB-C cable to the first USB-C port (first from the left with the power cable icon) one monitor displays at 2560x1440 but the other maxes out at 1920x1080 and has some distortion. 

2. When I connect the USB-C cable to the Thunderbolt 3 port (second from the left with Thunderbolt icon) both monitors display at 2560x1440. The problem then is that sometimes my machine doesn't want to charge. Additionally, when using this port i have experienced the 1920x1080 max out and distortion once or twice. I was able to get around this by opening my laptop as a third display which then started displaying the correct resolutions on all displays. Eventualy I was able to close my laptop and the two monitors displayed correctly when using this setup. 

Lastly, as I was writing this I connected the dock to the T590 in each scenario I wrote up above to ensure I had everything correct. When I connected into scenario 2, my machine recognized the dock but neither of my two monitors displayed anything. I re-connected back to the first USB-C port and my monitors came back (same resolution settings as scenario 1.) I disconnected and reconnected to the Thunderbolt 3 port and everything is appearing normally. 

Has anyone else experienced anything above? Am I missing something? The dock I'm using is the supported dock for the T590. I'm not doing anything that would draw power beyond the 135W power adapter with the dock. I tried talking to Lenovo Support via chat but they could only confirm the dock I'm using is the supported dock. Only thing I can really think of is that this could be a hardware issue with the T590. 

I appreciate any feedback. 

Options

2 Posts

11-21-2019

US

4 Signins

88 Page Views

• Views: 88
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: T590 Dock Issue

2019-11-21, 19:02 PM

I forgot to mention all FW is up to date via Lenovo Vantage. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save