I really like using the Trackpoint to scroll but an increasing number of web sites react to horizontal scrolling by jumping to other pages.
For example, if I need to use the TrackPoint to scroll down as I'm reading, the websites detect it as horizontal scroll and hence flip to another page. It keeps flipping pages when I don't mean to.
Is there some way to disable the TrackPoint from scrolling horizontally without disabling it from scrolling vertically?
Some commmunity users shared their solution which is to override the scrolling type in this file:
Here is how I did it for firefox browser:
1. Open C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\TP4table.dat with your favorite text editor (Run as Administrator mode might be needed for some Windows version).
2. Search for "firefox.exe" text
3. There is a line like this:
4. I changed the scrolling type to:*,*,firefox.exe,*,*,MozillaWindowClass,WheelStd,0,9
5. To see the effect immediately, using task manager or Process Explorer, kill this process:
or you can just reboot the Windows.
how can we improve it?
Select Your Product
this doesn't work for me
Lenovo is committed to environmental leadership from operations to product design and recycling solutions.
See our Sustainability Report.