Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pauldia
What's DOS?
Views: 1,472
Message 1 of 6

ThinkPad Mini Dock Plus Series 3 USB Port Connectivity Problems

I have a ThinkPad T510 (Windows 7 - 64 bit) paired with a ThinkPad Mini Dock Plus Series 3 (US/Canada/LA).  Occasionally, I will lose connectivity with my external mouse and keyboard that are connected to the dock.  Sometimes, connectivity is restored automatically.  Other times, I am forced to restart the machine by actually opening laptop and using the on-board keyboard and touchpad.   I cannot find any updated drivers for the dock for Windows 7.  

My other ThinkPad (T61p - Windows 7 32 bit) does not encounter the same problems with its ThinkPad Mini Dock.

ixul
What's DOS?
Views: 1,184
Message 2 of 6

Re: ThinkPad Mini Dock Plus Series 3 USB Port Connectivity Problems

Did you find a solution for this problem ? I am running into the same problem. When I start in the morning I have to reboot the laptop 2 to 3 times before it recognises the USB mouse and keyboards connected to the mini dock. The same when I undock/dock the notebook. This only started 3 to 4 weeks ago. before it worked fine... USB devices directly connected to the notebook work fine

- same configuration

lagrian
Paper Tape
Views: 1,053
Message 3 of 6

Same issue here, anyone solve this, is the hardware faulty?
dmarshal17
Punch Card
Views: 1,024
Message 4 of 6

We have a similar problem, is there a fix?

pflores11
What's DOS?
Views: 795
Message 5 of 6

Hi, Same issue here, please let me know if someon faound a solution??

Is this hardware Faulty? I bought this dock beacuse i wanted to avoid connecting and disconnecting keyboard and mouse each time i sit on my desk, so if this doesnt work then this dock is useless to me

tripplec
Bit Torrent
Views: 786
Message 6 of 6

@pauldia wrote:

I have a ThinkPad T510 (Windows 7 - 64 bit) paired with a ThinkPad Mini Dock Plus Series 3 (US/Canada/LA).  Occasionally, I will lose connectivity with my external mouse and keyboard that are connected to the dock.  Sometimes, connectivity is restored automatically.  Other times, I am forced to restart the machine by actually opening laptop and using the on-board keyboard and touchpad.   I cannot find any updated drivers for the dock for Windows 7.  

My other ThinkPad (T61p - Windows 7 32 bit) does not encounter the same problems with its ThinkPad Mini Dock.

"My other ThinkPad (T61p - Windows 7 32 bit) does not encounter the same problems with its ThinkPad Mini Dock."

There in lies an example of the meticulous testing and support/engineering IBM provided for the enterprise product.

IT HAD TO WORK, SO THE BUILT AND ENGINEERED IT SO IT WOULD WORK. ROCK SOLID

T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QMbr>; Nvidia NVS 4200M Win 10 64bit
Z70-80 I7 - 5500U 16GB GB - 1TB HD Win 10 64bit FHD 17.3", G840 w/2GB

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors