Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Agonche
Paper Tape
Views: 2,029
Message 1 of 3

ThinkPad T400 (6475-FP1) - Can't turn off Bluetooth & Wireless problems

Im on a ThinkPad T400 (6475-FP1)
I just upgraded to Windows 8, and it's working fine except some wireless problems.

I want to turn off Bluetooth because I don't need it.
How do I do that?

Im having some problems with wireless.
It works at my home, but it doesn't connect on my University wireless.
I know my wireless card (Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 AGN) is not supported yet on Windows 8, but if anyone knows a solution, type it here.

Thanks in advance.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,015
Message 2 of 3

Re: ThinkPad T400 (6475-FP1) - Can't turn off Bluetooth & Wireless problems

As far as bluetooth, Fn + F5 will let you turn off the radio. You can also go into the BIOS under security/I-O Port Access and disable it. As far as the 5100 wireless card, there is a note on the intel site that says this:

"If your system had Windows 7 and Intel PROSet/Wireless Software installed prior to upgrading to Windows 8, then Intel PROSet/Wireless Software will not install the first time. You need to install Intel PROSet/Wireless Software a second time for it to install correctly."

I would suggest the newest drivers from the Intel site. If you go here, they will make suggestions:

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/wireless

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,022
Message 3 of 3

Re: ThinkPad T400 (6475-FP1) - Can't turn off Bluetooth & Wireless problems

Bring up Settings charm. At the bottom it says "Change PC Settings". That looks like the title of the settings above (to me) but it's a link. Click it. Then click "wireless" on the left.

Is there a bluetooth contol  slider there?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors