Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Megver83
Blue Screen Again
Views: 551
Message 1 of 5

ThinkPad T400 screen brightness/suspension

Hi everyone. I've a problem with mi Lenovo ThinkPad T400. The brightness is always at the minimum, and cannot be changed. But it is like when you close the laptop and the screens turns off, it is almost like that, I need a lantern to see what appears in the laptop, but besides that everything else works fine. If I connect it to an external monitor, then there is no problem, but you know, I don't wanna carry an external monitor with the laptop. Do you know how to deal with this?

Thanks in advance!

Wendel
802.11n
Views: 492
Message 2 of 5

Re: ThinkPad T400 screen brightness/suspension

When the computer does its POST and you see the Lenovo logo, is the brightnedd adequate? First I would use F12 (I believe) and boot into simple DOS. How is the brightness? If the brightness is good in booting and in DOS, chances are it's a driver problem with the Hotkeys.
Megver83
Blue Screen Again
Views: 481
Message 3 of 5

The brightness is the same from boot to the OS initialization. I'm not really sure about a software problem. Before the brightness worked when I had the laptop almost closed, but then it got worst.
Wendel
802.11n
Views: 451
Message 4 of 5

"...Before the brightness worked when I had the laptop almost closed..." This fact implies, to me, a hardware problem with the cable to the screen or the connector possibly being loose at the motherboard. It might be worth your time to open the laptop to where you can see and manipulate the cable from the motherboard to the screen.
Megver83
Blue Screen Again
Views: 428
Message 5 of 5

I'll mark the issue as solved since I found how to solve it, but I don't know how to make it last. The membrane cable that connects the LCD screen to the mainboard has to be pulled (see the image), the problem is that it can't be pulled all the time when it's screwed.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors