Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KenWA
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,152
Message 1 of 6

ThinkPad T410 and Linux MInt

I have Linux Mint 18 on a T410 but am having difficulty because the cursor keeps wandering acreoss the screen.

Is there any solution that does not require Windows?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,141
Message 2 of 6

Re: ThinkPad T410 and Linux MInt

Do you know that it isn't a problem in windows?  I ask because usually, wandering cursor is a hardware problem.  You don't have a touch screen, which leaves the touchpad and the trackpoint.  Can you try disabling them one at a time to narrow it down?

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
KenWA
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,105
Message 3 of 6

Unfortunately, as a Newbie, I do not know how this can be done and investigating the menu with a wandering cursor is nerve-wracking!

KenWA
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,081
Message 4 of 6

Update

I restored the original Windows 7 Pro image and then installed Linux MInt alongside Windows and can report that the cursor behaves with both OSs.  Having Win 7 there is probably irrelevant, the trick was probably in re-installing Linux.

need_help3
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,003
Message 5 of 6

Hello,

Would you please kindly help me with this? I have the same computer ThinkPad T410, windows 7.  It cannot boot up and I don't have the disc that restore the computer to factory setting.  Would you kindly create the retore files from your computer and email them to me? I apologize for asking this but I couldn't find the T410 recovery.

Thanks.

Mina

KenWA
Fanfold Paper
Views: 993
Message 6 of 6

I do not have a restore disk or files.  I created a disk image  when I received the laptop and restored this image when I had the problem.  I doubt whether this image could be used on another computer.  If yoiiu do not have a copy of the operating sysem it is always a good idea to make a disk image in case of emergency.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors