cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CompTek1996
Paper Tape
Views: 725
Message 1 of 4

ThinkPad T410s - Primary Micro SATA HDD not detected by BIOS - Only Detected By OS Platforms

I have a Lenovo T410s - 29123RU

BIOS - V1.5 (6UET70WW) 2012-10-11

- (updated from V1.1 this morning hoping it wold solve the problem)

ECV - 1.14

MTM - 29123RU

CPU - Intel Core i5 M520 @ 2.4GHz

RAM - DDR3 - 4GBx2 - PC3-10600s

This laptop uses a 250GB - 1.8" Micro Sata HDD

TOSHIBA MK2529GSG - 250GB - HDD1F07 M BL02

The other day the laptop was running fine then all of a sudden crashed.  I tried to reeboot and i got - 

ERROR 2100: HDD0 (HARD DISK DRIVE) INITIALIZATION ERROR (2)

PRESS ESC TO CONTINUE

I have run scans on the drive itself using: 

HD Tune Pro

HDD Rgenerator

CrystalDiskInfo

TestDisk

UBCD

- ViVard v4.0

- TAFT v1.2

Passmark BurIn Test Pro v8.1

All the tests came back excellent which lead me to see if it was a BIOS issue.  I downoaded the updated v1.5 this morning and replaced the original v1.1.  No change in HDD detection.

What really puzzles me is that when i use an OS through my USB or USB-SSD, they detect the drive and I am able to read/write to the entire drive without any loss of data or S.M.A.R.T. errors.  I just can't use this as my primary drive anymore because it will not initialize with BIOS.  I am hoping that I do not need to replace the MOBO as they go from $50 - $150 US plus shipping.  

OS's used:

Win10x64

Win7x64

WinXP

Win98SE

LinuxMint

BT5-R3

KaliLinux

UBCD - FreeDOS - LINUX

Doss6.22

Any thoughts on this issue would be greatly appreciated

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 688
Message 2 of 4

Re: ThinkPad T410s - Primary Micro SATA HDD not detected by BIOS - Only Detected By OS Platforms

It sounds like something is timing out.  It is hard to be sure without swapping either the drive or the MB.  You might go into the BIOS and select diagnostic mode for boot.  That would do a memory test and it might slow things down enough to mask the problem

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
CompTek1996
Paper Tape
Views: 658
Message 3 of 4

Re: ThinkPad T410s - Primary Micro SATA HDD not detected by BIOS - Only Detected By OS Platforms

I just tried running the boot sequence with Diagnostic Mode enabled.  It does the pre-boot self memory and CPU test but still comes back to ERROR 2100: I.E. (2)

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 625
Message 4 of 4

I have no other suggestions.  Maybe others have ideas

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors