cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Staff
Views: 15,373

Question

I just had the experience of unboxing my new  Lenovo T430 with Windows 8 Pro. After doing the basic set up I started Windows updates only to find that it failed to install nine of the updates. I took the following steps to try trouble shooting

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

SFC/ Scannow

To eliminate the possiblities of 3rd party software interference (Even though it was fresh out of the box)

I tried downloading and installing them manually off the Microsoft website.

I tried refreshing windows as well as doing a windows reset from the partition (all the above had no effect).

What is it that I can do since the issue stems from the factory installation of it?

Answer

One of the possible causes of this could be Nitro PDF reader, which could kill Windows updates.

Try uninstallingthe Trial software and disable the nalpeiron licensing serivce through command line (see below)

If you want to keep the (Nitro Pro) software you can just activate it then update to patch.

An interrim work around proceedure would be to disable the Nalpeiron Licensing Service in Services by following the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + X.
2. Click on Run.
3. Type “services.msc” in the Open box and click OK.
4. In the right pane of the Services window, scroll down and locate “Nalpeiron Licensing Service”.
5. Right click on “Nalpeiron Licensing Service”, choose “Stop”, and then close the Services window.
6. Open Windows Updates and Install updates. When prompted, reboot the system. Updates should then apply normally.

NOTE: These steps will need to be followed whenever Windows Updates are available until the patch or the new version is applied to the system.

Was this information helpful?