Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GradComp
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,121
Message 1 of 1

ThinkPad T460 died and won't turn on

Hi all,

I was working on my laptop this morning and it suddenly died (screen went black, all indicator lights off). No warning indications came up before it died. It was plugged into the AC adapter with full battery. When I pressed the power button to restart it, nothing happened--no lights, no fan, no screen activity. The red light in the "i" of "ThinkPad" on the back of the screen won't come on, even when the AC adapter is plugged in. The laptop was on top of a blanket so I thought maybe it overheated, but the bottom of the laptop and the battery itself weren't hot.

I removed the battery and tried a number of strategies I saw online: 1) pressed power button 10 times at 1-sec intervals, then held for 30 seconds, 2) pressed power button for 20 seconds, 3) pressed button for 30 seconds. I removed the battery and tried to turn on the machine between each strategy. I've tried the emergency reset button underneath the touchpad. I've removed the battery and tried the AC adapter only, tried with the battery with and without AC adapter. 

I've had the laptop since August 2016 with no problems. No updates installed within the past few days.

Help is very much appreciated!!!!

Thank you!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors