US

1 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 1 of 1

ThinkPad T460P - Charging Issue / Critical Battery Message / No Longer Turns on

2018-08-01, 18:55 PM

I have a ThinkPad T460P.

Some time ago it fell off to the side of couch while plugged in and bent the adapter / end of charger insert upon impact.

After i would receive a "plugged in but not charging" message. I could still get this machine to charge if i closed it and inserted the charger, let it sit, and then open. Somewhat inconsistent but it worked.

Finally the other day i was running a video and the battery drained completely without realizing it was not charging. I received a critically low battery message. Charger no longer worked and machine would not turn on.

I bought a new 90W charger to see if it would do the trick. When i plug this in, the light above the thinkpad sign and also the light in power button flashes 3 times but then nothing else. Normally this light would strobe. The charger appears to work as the light near the port has gone from yellow to green. But the machine no longer turns on. Sometimes i can get it to flash when pressing the power but nothing. Also tried a number of tricks like taking the battery out, holding the power button for a while, putting all back in and trying again. Machine will also not turn on when plugged in without the battery in.

Thoughts? Am i cooked here?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete