Highlighted
TomJM
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,365
Message 1 of 7

ThinkPad T460s Touchpad Problem

Hello All, 

I am having problem with my Thinkpad T460s Touchpad

I have never used the touchpad since it purchase, because I have a Wireless Mouse. My mouse battery ran out and I was not in a place I could replace them quickly. So I turned to my touchpad which I notice was not not so responsive. Moving the cursor is a big problem dispite having done the latest driver update.

What could be the issue? 

Tom JM

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 2,314
Message 2 of 7

Re: ThinkPad T460s Touchpad Problem

Hi TomJM,

Greetings from Lenovo,

As you have mentioned about the touchpad issue, go to touchpad settings, click on pointer options, under motion option select the pointer speed, select the appropriate speed and click on apply and ok. Check the speed of the pointer.

Ashwin_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

UsamaMustafa
Paper Tape
Views: 2,232
Message 3 of 7

I am also facing the same problem but resolved it partially by doing the following steps

1. open synaptics touchpad & trackpoint properties.

2. Uncheck "Enable TrackPoint"

Then touchpad works fine but I have to use TrackPoint buttons and trackpoint. Disabling this doesn't solve the complete problem. I have installed the latest updated drivers and BIOS but still in vain.

TomJM
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,116
Message 4 of 7

Let me try that your advice and see how it works 

UsamaMustafa
Paper Tape
Views: 2,095
Message 5 of 7

one more solution to this problem. Open synaptics touchpad settings, enable trackpoint and click on settings. Reduce the trackpoint pointing speed to the lowest and then you will be able to use both i.e. Trackpoint & touchpad.

I hope this will help you too.

TomJM
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,092
Message 6 of 7

That solution too, works like like a charm! Smiley Happy 

But was this how Lenovo intended it to be or this are just solution we seek to help us out of the problems we encounter on purchase of the highly rated devices. I don't see myself using any other brand. 

Thanks UsamaMustafa 

@UsamaMustafa wrote:

one more solution to this problem. Open synaptics touchpad settings, enable trackpoint and click on settings. Reduce the trackpoint pointing speed to the lowest and then you will be able to use both i.e. Trackpoint & touchpad.

I hope this will help you too.

UsamaMustafa
Paper Tape
Views: 2,089
Message 7 of 7

Agree with you this is just a solution I tried by myself. Dont know if things worked like this in Lenovo.

BTW it is also difficult for me to change from Lenovo as I myself is using Lenovo machines since 2013 and I dont like any machine other than Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors