cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
morisn2015
Fanfold Paper
Views: 430
Message 1 of 6

ThinkPad T460s Ultrabook - Why is this laptop discontinued?

Good day Everyone, 

I was just provided with a 'new' laptop at work to replace my old one and when wanted to check the specs on the Lenovo webiste, I noticed that the following message popped up:

Sorry, this product is no longer available

This pop-up message really called my attention because even if I know that certain products may have shorter support or sale life span, I think this one is not too old not to be available anymore.

I am now a little concerned that this machine may not be that good a product and will be able to perform as expected in the years to come. I don't have the luxury to exchange my designated system too often so I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing. The upgrade is made now because I am having problems with my current T430s, but those are mainly software issues, I just want to kill two birds with one stone by getting a new image with an upgraded machine.I read some of the comments written and most of them are good.

So, even though I am the one who would decide whether to upgrade or keep working with the current machine, I am still puzzled by the fact that the new one is no longer available for purchase. So, does any one know why this model is now discontinued?

Thank you!

Moris

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 374
Message 2 of 6

Re: ThinkPad T460s Ultrabook - Why is this laptop discontinued?

Hi morisn2015,

The T460s was released in 2016. It was superseded in 2017 by the T470s, which itself was superseded in 2018 by the T480s. So if you want a current model, it's the T480s.

Hope this helps!

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
morisn2015
Fanfold Paper
Views: 370
Message 3 of 6

Hi Bananaman, and thanks for your reply outlining the latest models.

So, does anyone know why is this machine no longer sold?

Castle_King
Fanfold Paper
Views: 340
Message 4 of 6

Bananaman just literally replied to you on the reason why the T460s are no longer sold by Lenovo...
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 337
Message 5 of 6

Yout question is like going to a car dealer and asking why you cannot buy a 2016 car.  A 2016 car isn't bad.  There is nothing wrong with it, but it isn't being sold now.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
morisn2015
Fanfold Paper
Views: 307
Message 6 of 6

Hi there, I am a bit puzzled by the latest comment regarding replying to private messages, I was with the assumption that if you posted a question on the general forum, and replied to one of those postings, then it'd be seen as part of th thread as well. So I don't understand, but anyway... So, Ok, it's like going to a car dealership and they don't have that model.. Apparently, there is use for my question on this forum.

Thanks to those who replied:I will not choose any as the best answer but I appreciate the replies.

I guess this question may be closed now.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors