10-04-2017 09:00 AM
Dear community & Dear supporter
- device: ThinkPad T460s
- dockingstation: ThinkPad Pro Dock (1displayport, 1 VGA, 1 DVI)
- external monitor: Brilliance 220B
We tried to connect both monitors with displayport & DVI --> DVI monitors stays black
DVI & VGA --> both monitor are working but we have a black part at the right side of the vga monitor (please watch the attached picture).
I searched for a solution for this problem and i found out, that you can't use DVI and displayport together with the Pro Dock ist this correct?
Does anybody have an idea why there is a black part in the VGA monitor?
Current configuration used from the user:
VGA & DVI
- switched monitors --> still the same failure with the black part
- switched VGA cable --> still the same failure
- checked windows resolution and windows / monitor settings in general
- update of the graphiccared and firmware update of the Dock according to: https://support.lenovo.com/ch/de/solutions/ht101460
I'm a little bit helpless in the current situation and not sure what i can try to solve the problem. Does anybody has an idea or a helpfull input? I'd appreciate any form of help!
Best regards and many thanks in advance!
10-04-2017 01:18 PM
10-06-2017 06:47 AM
Thanks for your time! I wasn't able to reach the client yesterday so i wasn't able to poste the screenshot till now, sorry.
Attached you find the printscreen of the selected VGA monitor.
Many thanks in advance!
10-15-2017 11:29 PM
I hope you all had a great weekend and i'd like to ask if someone has any idea for further checks?
Or do you need some more informations?
Best regards and have a great day!
11-01-2017 05:49 AM
We weren't able to solve the problem and bought a new dockingstation with 2 DP's connectors. This solved the problem as somehow the connection with the vga cable didn't work.