Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chris88g4
Paper Tape
Views: 9,678
Message 1 of 12

ThinkPad T470 TouchPad Problem

Hello , i bought my laptop some weeks ago, but i am facing one problem with the touchpad. Sometimes is working, and then stops working at all ,and with reboot sometimes comes back and some other not. The trackpad is working very good with the buttons of the touchpad.

I found that if i will go to device manager and i will delete/unistall the touchpad (synaptics pointing device) then the mouse is working perfectly until the next reboot, when will be automatically installed the latest driver from windows or from update manager of lenovo, so i think that is not hardware problem.

I have the latest original drivers on the pc, installed from the site of lenovo. Also i saw on the settings that the touchpad is enabled.

Please i need some help regarding this issue.

ferimous
Paper Tape
Views: 9,668
Message 2 of 12

Re: ThinkPad T470 TouchPad Problem

I advise you to delect your lastest  driver,it may changes some  settings,you can download lenovo companion from win10 app store,this is a good software to help you to manage your drivers. 

ferimous
Paper Tape
Views: 9,663
Message 3 of 12

I think it's also a good way to solve your problem by restoring your system,the system will prompt you if you want to persist your personal files.It's a easy way to solve your problem.

chris88g4
Paper Tape
Views: 9,654
Message 4 of 12

I already reset the laptop to the facroty defaults and also i formated it with usb original windows, but the problem still persists. Now i will try the companion solution.

The last hour for example, i was working with the trackpad, as the touchpad wasnt working. I rebooted the pc a couple of times, and still wasnt working. I put the pc on sleep mode, and after 20 minutes, i opened it again and worked. Who knows for how much time will be working Smiley Sad It is a very expensive laptop, and i am very dissapointed with this. I also contacted the support of lenovo they told me format and put again the drivers. But notning.

I will keep you informed with the companion.

Thanks a lot for your help

ferimous
Paper Tape
Views: 9,630
Message 5 of 12

Don't worry~If your computer is under warranty, you may consider going to the after-sales service station to have a look,there might help you.

chris88g4
Paper Tape
Views: 9,621
Message 6 of 12

Hello, unfortunatelly also this companion didnt help. I already went to authorised lenovo service, they had my laptop there for 2 weeks, and they told me that is fixed alone ( driver update or something similar). But nothing, still the same.

ferimous
Paper Tape
Views: 9,587
Message 7 of 12

First,I‘m unfortunately to hear that,it's obviously the touchpad problem!

Second,I think you should continue to go to the service station,because you have user rights and they should responsible for it.

Good luck for you!

chris88g4
Paper Tape
Views: 9,574
Message 8 of 12

Thanks, i will go again.

Another question which i have, is that my keyboard is without back-light. It was on extra and when i bought it , i forgot to put it, is there any way to order it now and to replace it?

thanks for everything

ferimous
Paper Tape
Views: 9,552
Message 9 of 12

I don't know the price in your place,in China, Taobao sells for 240RMB But  I think the price will more high in the service station,so I advice you to go to the www.aliexpress.com to find it,you may find a good price!

Best wish for you!

chris88g4
Paper Tape
Views: 9,520
Message 10 of 12

Thanks a lot again. I will try to find the correct keyboard , i will need the serial number i think or i dont know. I will search a bit on the market

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors