Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
albi1
Not applicable
Views: 294
Message 1 of 2

ThinkPad T470s "2100: Detection Error on Storage Device (M.2)"

Hi Guys ! 

I have been getting this error for a while now. 

Since august I think. 

It happens very randomly and I don't know what triggers it really. 

I tried to put another m.2 and it worked perfectly, no errors. 

But with the factory m.2 I get this error and I never got the way around to fix it. 

When I first got this error I barely could start my computer. 9/10 times I got the error and I couldn't start the computer at all. 

I replaced it with another m.2 and worked fine until I decided I wanted to put the factory one again ( because it has twice as much storage ). 

Now I still get the error but rarely. Casually. In very random situations. 

I still find it very frustrating and I was hoping someone has any solution. 

Thanks and have a nice day Smiley Happy 

Auxen_Lenovo
Not applicable
Views: 179
Message 2 of 2

Re: ThinkPad T470s "2100: Detection Error on Storage Device (M.2)"

Hi albi1,

Welcome to the community forums.

Since you've mentioned that you're just getting the error using the factory m.2 then we can say that there's an issue with the factory m.2. You may try updating the BIOS and chipset, but it still does the same, we suggest contacting our local support here: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/supportphonelist?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 for repair option

Thanks!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors