Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hsadek
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,320
Message 1 of 7

ThinkPad T480s Lock Screen

My 2 month old T480s is really annoying to use as the lock screen locks the laptop after less than one minutes of not using the keyboard or mouse. The notebook has Windows 10 Pro and I cannot for example watch a video longer than 1 minutes as the laptop lock screen is activated and I have to enter the user PIN or use the facial recognition feature to login back and unlock the laptop.

I have tried all the tricks I found online including editing the (GPedit) group policy administrative template personalization, disabling the screen lock screen using Regedit to change the registry settings, and changing windows 10 Power & Sleep settings.

Are there any BIOS settings that can prevent the lock screen from activating in such a short time or to completely disable it?

Thank you,

Hamdy

Lenovo Employee tictac1
Lenovo Employee
Views: 3,278
Message 2 of 7

Re: ThinkPad T480s Lock Screen

Did you check the "Screen Saver Settings"?  Notice the item "On resume, display logon screen", uncheck it. 

Screen saver.jpg

hsadek
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,265
Message 3 of 7

Thank you for the reply. I checked the screen saver settings and it shows wait time of 60 minutes and the On Resume Display the Lock Screen is unchecked.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,254
Message 4 of 7

When I have had windows settings get screwed up, I first go into advanced power settings from the control panel and click on "restore plan defaults" to start over, but if you have already changed things in the registry, I'm not sure what will happen to those settings.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
hsadek
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,240
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for the reply. I was able to restore the default power plan although my plan was set to never turn off the display. Now the setting to turn off the screen is 10 minutes for plugged in and 5 minutes on battery. The result is the same, nothing really changed. The screen switches off in less than 1 minutes when not using the keyboard or mouse and when I touch the keyboard, the lock screen is displayed.

My T480s has the UHD high resolution screen with IR camera and Windows Hello, could it be the reason why this is happening?

Thanks,

Hamdy 

Lenovo Employee tictac1
Lenovo Employee
Views: 3,222
Message 6 of 7

You remind me of IR camera. Can you find a app named "Glance"? There are some related settings there.

hsadek
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,189
Message 7 of 7

Thank yur very much for suggesting Glance as the main cause for the screen lock. I disabled it from the Task Manager and the problem is now gone. I don't know how to setup Glance as I don't see any options for setup, but for now I don't really need it and my problem is solved. Thanks again for the help.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors