cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LenAlf
Punch Card
Views: 712
Message 1 of 10

ThinkPad T480s – can’t conf MEBx as Ctrl-P …

Hi again!
Trying to conf MEBx, but … after pressing Ctrl-P … it shows as entering configuration, but … WX starts. Any ideas?
More thanks, Alar.

Highlighted
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 672
Message 2 of 10

Re: ThinkPad T480s – can’t conf MEBx as Ctrl-P …

Go into BIOS setup, press F9 to load defaults, press F10 to save & exit, then try again.  I know of a case where the ctrl-P hotkey gets messed up, and this will fix it. 

LenAlf
Punch Card
Views: 647
Message 3 of 10

Hi and thanks!
Didn’t help, all the same.
More thanks, Alar.

LenAlf
Punch Card
Views: 641
Message 4 of 10

Btw. – after defaulting BIOS settings we couldn’t boot into Windows anymore. We restored from backup and still can’t … odd. Any ideas on that?
Terv, Alar.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 632
Message 5 of 10

@LenAlf wrote:

Btw. – after defaulting BIOS settings we couldn’t boot into Windows anymore. We restored from backup and still can’t … odd. Any ideas on that?
Terv, Alar.

If loading default settings didn't make ctrl+P work, then I think you must not have AMT system.  I can't think of any other possibility.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 629
Message 6 of 10

Regarding can't boot anymore, it might be a mismatch between the UEFI/legacy BIOS setting and your image.  For example, if you have legacy image, it can't boot if the BIOS setting is UEFI only.  Are you using the factory preload or your own image?  

LenAlf
Punch Card
Views: 614
Message 7 of 10

Hi and thanks!
Maybe You’re correct, but it has AMT enabled BIOS setting, also appear Ctrl-P option to press and it does show after Ctrl-P press entering … and nothing – OS is (was) started.
More thanks, Alar.

LenAlf
Punch Card
Views: 613
Message 8 of 10

Hi again and thanks again!
We’re sure we had same BIOS settings (particularly about boot) after defaulting … actually we had BIOS default settings all the time, at least we didn’t change much – only about WOL we couldn’t manage set to work. (I have another thread here.) Even we had changed something, when after unsuccessful boot change boot settings shouldn’t system boot again when correct setting is chosen. There isn’t so much options to choose between. Anyway, truth is something went wrong.
We have our own image.
More thanks, Alar.
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 595
Message 9 of 10

1.  for the ctrl+P issue, please try this:

A.  in BIOS setup, set AMT to disabled

B.  press F10 to save & exit

C.  do not interrupt the boot process.  Let the machine boot to windows, or to the boot menu, or whatever happens on it's own without you interrupting it

D.  reboot to BIOS setup

E.  change AMT to enabled

F.  press F10 to save & exit

G.  same thing as step C.

H.  reboot again, is ctrl+P working now?

I have double-checked my T480s here, ctrl+p is working fine.

2.  For the issue where you can't boot after loading default settings, something is wrong with your image.  Please try disable Secure Boot, and change legacy vs UEFI BIOS modes.  Or else use the factory preload.  

LenAlf
Punch Card
Views: 571
Message 10 of 10

Hi again and thanks!
(1) Well, I must correct myself about “it has AMT enabled BIOS setting” stated above, I have just remote access to computer and I lead in this statement with BIOS options I managed get using software tools and there is AMT showed as enabled. But … I was told that actually there isn’t such a setting showed up at all! Interesting. … Not sure is this device really with AMT enabled or not. Mh.
(2) We tried … everything we could, nothing brought back boot. We went with device to support and they tried they own disk … it’s booting. So, we download from support new setup and … will try to setup Windows once again.
More thanks, Alar.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors