Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

01-18-2013

New York

3 Signins

61 Page Views

• Views: 61
  • Message 1 of 2

ThinkPad T510 type 4313 Windows 7 64 bit- sound in and out

2013-01-18, 18:32 PM

Hi,

I bought my ThinkPad T510 in March 2011, had purchased a 1 year warranty, which has expired. My sound issue started almost 2 months ago. While watching DVD's, videos online at any site from yahoo, facebook, youtube, netflix, hulu etc my sound will stop completely while the video still runs. I have to press the volume buttons on the keyboard either up or down to turn the sound back on temporarily. The sound may come back on for 15 minutes or 5 seconds. Sometimes the volume buttons are not effective and then I have to click on the speaker button in the bottom right hand side of the screen to manually slide the volume button up or down.

It seems like such a small problem with an easy fix, but it is extremely frustrating when watching for example, a 30 second video and having to hover over the volume button.

I've tried everything.

- Called Lenovo for support or direction for this quick fix that should be available (I can't be the only one with this issue, because I've never had this problem before). This issue isn't familiar, I can ship it in, and possibly pay up to $600 for them to locate and fix the issue.

- Updating the Conexant drivers

- Removing current driver and having it auto reinstall most up to date driver

- trying the diagnose & fix app on here which found nothing wrong

- Ran my Norton virus check

- removed all cookies and history

- Updated the conexant drivers from the Lenovo Support tab

- Used monthly Norton phone support 3 different times to diagnose and fix the issue

I am at a loss, please help.

I've been told it could be a hardware issue or the VOIP may need to be turned off. Norton cannot touch "the brain"over the phone

-

Options

615 Posts

12-11-2012

raleigh, nc

299 Signins

8131 Page Views

• Views: 8131
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: ThinkPad T510 type 4313 Windows 7 64 bit- sound in and out

2013-01-21, 4:12 AM

Hey Soundless,

Have you updated your BIOS to 1.52?

Try to find older audio driver versions and see if it works.

Also, check in Device Manager under your audio devices and make sure that you don't have any audio drivers conflicting with each other.

Be AWESOME Everyday!

Donate KUDOS and Click "Accepted Solution"

Did someone help you today?
Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms