Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
art_chess
Paper Tape
Views: 183
Message 1 of 4

ThinkPad T570 keyboard and trackpoint suddenly stop working

I have a problem with the trackpoint, since it is enabled in BIOS my keyboard is not working anymore. When i disabled the trackpoint the keyboard work propperly. I think it was the update of Synaptic Pointing Device driver to 19.3.4.213, because i restore windows completely and the problem do not resolve. The trackpoint is not working well also.

Driver version:

diver.PNG

Previously Windows update the driver to this version automatically:

driver1.PNG

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 138
Message 2 of 4

Re: ThinkPad T570 keyboard and trackpoint suddenly stop working

Hi Art_chess,

Greetings from Lenovo.

Try to uninstall the synaptic driver and restart the machine and check if the trackpad works. Also boot the machine into safe mode and check if it works.

Ashwin_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Highlighted
art_chess
Paper Tape
Views: 98
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the response. I try delete de synaptic driver from the devices manager, then restart, windows install another previous version of the driver automatically but the problem persist. In safe mode i have the same problem.

The track point (red button) is working well but the left button of the trackpoint mutes the audio, i dont know why. When this happend, is when the keyboard is not working (any key). When i disabled the trackpoint in BIOS, everithing works fine with keyboard, but the problem is when the trackpoint is enabled. Also sometimes, for some reason the trackpoint and keyboard began to work properly, but i dont know why, and sometimes is not working.
art_chess
Paper Tape
Views: 94
Message 4 of 4

I think that is a software problem because the keyboard works well in BIOS, and because before windows starts to prompt the user and password i can turn on and off the keyboard light, when windows is load and propts the user and password the keyboard is no longer working, and i cannot turn off and on the light of keyboard.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors