Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bjorm
Paper Tape
Views: 184
Message 1 of 1

ThinkPad warranty NOT accepted in Poland!

Hi
I got a T560 with Onsite warranty and ADP addon. I called to Lenovo Norway and they said that i have international warranty. I asked if we can register that laptop on my surname but i heard that Lenovo Norway don't do that things to register any laptop on somebodys surname as long warranty is locked to Serial Number. I explained that i need to do that because Lenovo in Poland accepts warranty ONLY when customer have alle invoices that can proof that laptop have become legal to the person is calling for help if the laptop is in Poland. That means that even if i buy laptop in Norway, and Lenovo Norway says that i have international warranty on that, in Poland they refuse to take in on warranty because they expects from all the reicipts from the last customer who is registred in Lenovo system as a laptops owner, to me, as a new owner.

I dont how Lenovo Poland can expects from any purchase docuemnts since its legal to sell laptop from privat to privat person without signing any documents. Lenovo Poland refuses ALL calls from customers who do not have docuemnts that shows way from the last regitrered customer to the actual one. It means that even if you buy ThinkPad in Norway, USA, Poland, whatever but you dont have any invoice, even if the laptop has the best bundled warranty, without invoice, in Poland you will be refused with your warranties.

So the question is what is the legal way to proof in Poland that my laptop, bought legal in Norway, from privat person to privat person is entitled to be taken in warranty in Poland? Noroway (and all civilized countries) check only SN and take laptop on warranty to service. Lenovo Norway refused to register laptop on my surname because thet use only SN to ensure waranty. They donw want to register laptop on my surname, because they dont see need to do that, despite i described situation, expectations from Lenovo Poland.

Thank you for any ideas,
Konrad

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors