Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
l8mackey
Paper Tape
Views: 224
Message 1 of 2

ThinkVantage Access does not work on Brand New T430

I can't get the ThinkVantage Access software to work.  

I have a WiFi connection (the windows wifi network Icon has the correct SSID) so the ThinkPad Hardware is working and windows is working

When I hover over the ThinkVantage Access Icon on the toolbar it indicates the laptop's SSID, the laptops IP address.  When I open the Access control panel, I can't do anything with the connect button.  Everything is greyed out on the controls.

I tried going thru hardware and software support (laptop is brand new and we are evaluating Lenovo as a vendor) and hit a number of brick walls (i have the goose bumps to prove it!)

I uninstalled and reinstalled the software and it does the same thing.

I am running Windows 7 Pro (factory installed image)

I can uninstall and run without ThinkVantage Access (and probably will if that is the only recourse).

Can someone redeam my faith in Lenovo? and provide some help?

Or do I move on to the next hardware vendor for laptops??

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 217
Message 2 of 2

Re: ThinkVantage Access does not work on Brand New T430

Hello and welcome,

I haven't experienced your issue with AC, so I'm just tossing out possibilities here...

Does your user account have admin privilges?

Have you tried running ThinkVantage System Update?  It's possible there's an update or patch that might affect this.

There are reports that AC downgrade or registry manipulation can sort similar-looking situations.  The TV AC download page has older versions at the bottom.  Also, here's a link to some registry fiddling that might help.  Note: I'm not suggesting that you hack the registry unless you're comfortable with that.  Just throwing it out for consideration.

ThinkVantage Access Connections for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit) - Notebooks

Access Connections: Manage Profiles Problem

These may have nothing to do with your particular issue.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors