cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pixelnrd
Paper Tape
Views: 167
Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad A485 - Silent/Perfomance mode and 2242 SSD?

I'm loving my new A485 but I have 2 issues that I'm unanble to solve.

First:

Silent/Perfomance toggle is only showing up sometimes? 

There is this little speedometer in the taskbar that is either bleu or orange depending on your silent or performance setting. But often this toggle is missing from my taskbar after a sleep / hibernation or full restart. I tried almost everything to figure out what could trigger this issue but I haven't really figured out what it could be...

All software is up to date and I'm running Win 10 1809 

Second:

Installing a second SSD in the wwan port (m.2 2242)

Is this even possible? I inserted a new M.2 2242 SATA SSD with 512GB but it does not show up anywhere in the Disk manager or in MS dos (diskpart). 

A little help would be welcome for this new Thinkpad user Smiley Happy

Woodworker with an affection for pixels.
xonigo
Paper Tape
Views: 125
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkpad A485 - Silent/Perfomance mode and 2242 SSD?

Yeah sometimes the icon on the taskbar disappears for my A485 too. You can alway use the Fn+Q shortcut to toggle the performance modes.

I haven't tried it yet but - For the M.2 2242 slot, you would have to use a NVMe drive such as the Toshiba RC100. Sata M.2 drives won't work in the slot. I'm hoping to get a Toshiba RC100 soon to try it out. 

pixelnrd
Paper Tape
Views: 115
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkpad A485 - Silent/Perfomance mode and 2242 SSD?

Hey thanks for the info. Never knew FN+Q was the shortcut for that. Is there a list of key combinations somewhere in the web that I should know of?

Ok so the Toshiba 240gb seems to be the only option Smiley Sad Guess I'll stick with Dropbox smart sync.

Woodworker with an affection for pixels.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors