Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zepfood
Paper Tape
Views: 1,148
Message 1 of 4

Thinkpad Advanced Mini Dock Problems

I have just set up a new T500 with the Advanced Mini Dock. I am using a Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard. They are connected through one of the USB ports on the dock. The problem I am experiencing is the USB ports aren't working on the dock during start-up so I can not use my mouse and keyboard to unlock the computer. The Mini Dock "instructions" were less than helpful for trouble shooting. Am I doing something wrong, missing something or do I have a bad dock? If I plug my Logitech receiver directly into the computer I can unlock and start-up, then the ports work on the dock but that kind of defeats the purpose of having the dock.
Randle
Serial Port
Views: 1,122
Message 2 of 4

Re: Thinkpad Advanced Mini Dock Problems

Sounds like a dodgy dock... I have no issues with an external mouse/keyboard on boot.

I'd talk to who you bought it from

physicist
What's DOS?
Views: 696
Message 3 of 4

Those wireless thingys probably require software to work properly - which isn't available on boot.

TheDude
802.11n
Views: 650
Message 4 of 4

I use an older Logitec wireless (MX500 I think) with a T400 and advanced mini dock. Once in a while after undocking I have trouble with the kb & mouse being recognized, but always fixed by  a reboot.  Once you are in to windows do they work fine?

I assume you checked batteries and cables.

T61p, T400
formerly x23, x40

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors