Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmg999
Paper Tape
Views: 6,586
Message 1 of 12

Thinkpad T400 Volume Too Low

Hi,

I've searched the forums and elsewhere online, and I can't find any real help for this issue. I'm running Win 7, and I have the most up-to-date drivers from the Lenovo site. I have turned on loudness equalization, but it has not helped the problem. This is an across-the-board problem. What I mean by that is, this problem persists regardless of the application, which I happen to be using. For instance, I use Media Player Classic: Home Cinema to watch movies. If the volume is at 0%, as I begin adjusting it upward, the volume level rises. However, as I reach about 70%, the volume stops increasing. There are audio adjustments w/in the application to boost the volume, but they serve to provide minimal effects. Overall, the volume is incredibly low. If you're sitting more than a few feet away from the laptop, it is inaudible. I don't know what else to do, and I was hoping that someone might offer some assistance. Thank you.

Jeff

Guru
Views: 6,568
Message 2 of 12

Re: Thinkpad T400 Volume Too Low

Welcome to Lenovo Community! Smiley Very Happy jmg999

How about uninstall your current Conexant driver and install custom Dolby driver from my signature link? It should help to boost a lot. In fact, T400 speakers are louder than other new T-series speaker.

Peter :cathappy::heart: 

W520 (4284-A99)

Does someone’s post help you? Give them kudos as a reward, as they will do better to improve | Mark it as solved if the solution works for you, so it could be reference for others in the future | Please do not email me regarding technical problems, you could post it in the forum

=====================================

Sound Enhancement (Post comments, share mixes, etc.)

Dolby Home Theater v4 ; IdeaPad Slate Tablet

jmg999
Paper Tape
Views: 6,555
Message 3 of 12

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your quick reply. I am certainly willing to give it a try. However, when I access the link in your profile, it takes me to another thread, where all I see is a PDF guide on optimizing the Dolby experience. I did a Google search, as well as one of the forums, and found another thread, where you'd linked the software. I tried installing it, but it told me that PCEE had to be installed. I did another Google search but was unable to determine what PCEE is or where I can find it. Any chance you might be able to walk me through this a bit? Thank you, again.

Jeff

Guru
Views: 6,543
Message 4 of 12

Hi Jeff

I think probably you download from the official Lenovo link, which is not supported for systems which is not Dolby Certified.

Get the drivers from here. Download x86 part 1 - 3 for 32-bit systems or x64 part 1 - 3 for 64-bit systems to the same folder, extract and install. 

This PDF will guide you through the installation and optimization of your sound. You could also try to toggle out the settings yourself if you are an enthusiast.

Hope this helps! Smiley Very Happy

W520 (4284-A99)

Does someone’s post help you? Give them kudos as a reward, as they will do better to improve | Mark it as solved if the solution works for you, so it could be reference for others in the future | Please do not email me regarding technical problems, you could post it in the forum

jmg999
Paper Tape
Views: 6,531
Message 5 of 12

Hi Peter,

Worked like a charm! Thank you ever so much for the recommendation. It has helped immensely. I'm gonna mess around w/ the settings a bit to see how to get the best quality audio. Thank you, again! Smiley Happy

Jeff

jmg999
Paper Tape
Views: 6,498
Message 6 of 12

Hi Peter,

I've been using your solution for a few days, and while it definitely jacks the volume up, I have one concern. The process audiodg.exe spikes in usage anywhere from 10% to 30%, while I'm playing audio. Generally, it's between 15%-20%. Is this normal? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Jeff

Guru
Views: 6,465
Message 7 of 12

Hi Jeff

Did you install the driver as DHT (Release)? If you install as Test (Release) or (Debug), the CPU Usage will be high, probably a bug. 

W520 (4284-A99)

jmg999
Paper Tape
Views: 6,454
Message 8 of 12

Hi Peter,

I did install it as a DHT release. I followed the instructions in the PDF you linked me to. What should be the normal CPU usage for this app?

Jeff

Guru
Views: 6,411
Message 9 of 12

Hi Jeff

It's ok as long as the CPU usage is not constantly 100%. Under Dolby > System > You could increase Spectral Visualization Interval to decrease system resources for audio.

W520 (4284-A99)

jmg999
Paper Tape
Views: 6,399
Message 10 of 12

Hi Peter,

That's a good idea. I think that I'll try that. The usage spikes every now, so I'd like to see if I can decrease it. Thank you.

Jeff

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors