cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Views: 5,966

Symptoms

Under some conditions, some ThinkPad Calpella models may not properly suspend.

The system appears to enter standby (suspend) or sleep mode, but actually has not. This can be noted by the following symptoms:

• The power button / LED are pulsing, indicating that the system is asleep.
  • The crescent moon indicator is lit, indicating that the system is asleep.
  • The display and backlight are off.
  • The fans are spinning, indicating that the system is awake.
  • The speaker and microphone mute buttons toggle if pressed, indicating that the system is awake.
  • The ThinkLight can be turned on and off, indicating that the system is awake.
  • The WLAN and WPAN indicators may be on (if they were on before the suspend operation was initiated they remain on), indicating that the system is awake.

In this state, there appears to be no way to wake the system and  in order to recover, the power button must be held down to turn the system off, then powered on again.

Since the system did not fully enter suspend mode, the battery will discharge more quickly than expected if the system is not connected to the AC power adapter because it is actually running rather than truly being suspended.

Diagnosis

• ThinkPad T410, T410i, T410s, T410si
  • ThinkPad T510, T510i
  • ThinkPad W510
  • ThinkPad W701, W701ds
  • ThinkPad X201, X201i, X201s, X201 Tablet

Solution

This issue is fixed in Intel AMT Management Engine firmware update 6.1.32.1076 and is documented in the readme as:
"(Fix) Fixed an issue that system hung intermittently when entering to suspend mode."
To obtain this fix, update the Intel ME Firmware to the latest version on the web, version 6.1.32.1076 (6ir644ww)  or higher.The firmware update can be found at the URL below:

Was this information helpful?

Comments
IMD95

I've been working for three days trying to fix a serious problem that occured after the latest Win 7 update (pro version)  At first the USB hubs, the Wacom tablet and other things were "unknown"  I went back to an Acronis Image, but that didn't fix the OTHER major problem:

I have a 1TB SSD as C drive and a 2 TB 5400 as D drive.  D drive shows up in disk management, but not my computer.  I've run the Lenovo tests and the drive is there and fine, I took it out of the ThinkPad and tested it on another machine, a tower, that runs Win7 as well.  All shows up.  I am getting an error in the admin tools each time I try to get it made visible by the system.  What's even more perplexing is that although both drives show up on the dos screen prior to windows starting, the d drive does not exist according to command line, nor in bios.  this appears to be a unique problem with lenovo and the win update, and I am extremely perplexed.  MSFT tried to help, but to no avail.

I need some input from Lenovo.

wackywired135

This issue also seems to occur with my T580.

Contributors