Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kahlenberg
Blue Screen Again
Views: 996
Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad T410 and Error 1802

Hi,

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T410 laptop (Product number: 2522AA9, BIOS: 6IET85WW (1.45) ). A glass of water was poured on the laptop and it fellt down from desk. Motherboard was damaged I bought a motherboard installed and it worked. I realized that WiFi card was also damaged as it fellt down. I bought exact the same model (If I recall correctly it is Intel WiFi card) but I am getting 1802 Error: Unauthorized network card at boot.

I searched for this problem a lot and found some pages that explain how to fix it. No method worked for me. One of the solutions is that, there is a no1802.iso file it must be burnt onto a CD but I don't have any CD/DVD Burner. So I created a bootable USB stick with this iso file and booted laptop from USB stick but it didn't help. The problem is still there.

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 989
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkpad T410 and Error 1802

The "no1802" utility was only for much older machines.  It won't work for you.  

The same model isn't enough.  You need one with a Lenovo FRU on it.  The same card can have different firmware on it.  When Lenovo or another manufacturer gets a machine approved for sale, they need FCC certification regarding emission levels in U.S. and other similar things in other countries.  The FCC certification is for a particular model computer and the wireless card(s) that were tested with it including the firmware tested.  You probably bought a card that was certified for use in a didderent manufacturer's computer.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
kahlenberg
Blue Screen Again
Views: 910
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkpad T410 and Error 1802

Thanks for reply. I live in Austria and bought it in Austria. On the old card it states FRU P/N: 60Y3231. I found an item on eBay. Is it the right one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-622ANHMW-6200-wireless-card-300M-LENOVO-IBM-FRU-60Y3231-HP-SPS-572509-...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors