cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
murakumo
What's DOS?
Views: 239
Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad T410 takes 30 seconds to reach Boot Screen?!

I have a Thinkpad T410 (BiOS seems to have been made in 2011) and for about half a month, I haven't switched it off very often.

So this morning, I put it on sleep  and brought it to class, but when I lifted the cover, the usual 1~2 second wake-up screen did not pop up, in fact, it took roughly 30 SECONDS before anything showed up on the screen.

I got back and tried shutting the thing down, and restarting, but the thing took roughly 30 seconds to show me the BOOT screen (with the Thinkpad icon). When I pressed the Power button, it lit up properly, and the battery icon was on too, but it just sits there for 30-ish seconds, before even showing me life on the screen.

After the 30 second wait for the Boot screen (whether from sleep or starting up), everything works fine, I'm brought to my start screen at normal speed.

I've given that sketchy (cuz it hasn't worked for me) "static discharge" Power Button trick two tries after disconnecting the battery,wires and ac adapters, but doesn't change the 30 second wait before the screen shows anything.

Can anyone tell me what the heck is going on? At the start of last month, my computer did NOT have this problem, I've only had this problem happen to me today. Is it the age? Or....

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 195
Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad T410 takes 30 seconds to reach Boot Screen?!

Get a copy of Crystal Disk Info (free) and check your drive.  A slow-to-respond drive can slow POST.  If the drive is OK, look in device manager for problem devices.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors