Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThienLong
Not applicable
Views: 1,691
Message 1 of 11

Thinkpad T410 with WXGA+ option in US country

Hi, I'm looking for T410, and i plan to customize order a laptop T410 from US. I like discrete graphic so i already customize my laptop but it's haven't option WXGA+ while others country it's have this option. As a programer, with me, It's terrible. I can't working with resolution 1280x800.

I want to ask: "how to get T410 with WXGA+ in US?"

Sorry, my english is very bad

bananaman
Not applicable
Views: 1,604
Message 2 of 11

Re: Thinkpad T410 with WXGA+ option in US country

Hi ThienLong, and welcome to the Lenovo User Community!

There are several standard T410 models with discrete graphics and WXGA+:

http://www.lenovo.com/psref/

They are available in through resellers in the US.

Hope this helps!

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
dan_public
Not applicable
Views: 1,554
Message 3 of 11

Bananaman,

Hi.  I'm confused about your comment.  I looked on the Lenovo site and could not find T410  with 1440X900 screen resolution.   The only one with that resolution that I could find was the T410S.  

Initially, I was interested in the T410S, but I've read some relatively bad reviews about it in comparison to the T410 - specifically that the screen quality of the T410S is not as good as the T410.

What's up? 

Thanks,

Dan.

jamesnb
Not applicable
Views: 1,528
Message 4 of 11

Hi,

It is true that the option to upgrade 1440x900 disappear. Only standard WXGA is available...

Lenovo is planning to shoot out another type of product???

bananaman
Not applicable
Views: 1,515
Message 5 of 11

Hi dan_public!

Sorry for the confusion! Go to the ThinkPad tabook on the Personal System Reference page. Find the standard WXGA+ model which most closely meets your needs. Search for the model number and you will find resellers with that model. For example, I see the T410 2518-F4U is sold by several resellers.

Lenovo sells mainly custom to order (CTO) ThinkPads through its online store, and right now the WXGA+ option is not available. Sometimes they also sell standard configurations, denoted "Express Ship". This is an advantage of buying a standard model - they are pre-built and generally ship right away, whereas custom systems have to be built to your order. You can also call the Lenovo sales line with a standard model number and see if they have it available.

Hope this helps!

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Highlighted
dan_public
Not applicable
Views: 1,500
Message 6 of 11

Bananaman, Thanks for the help. I'm pretty sure that I'll have to get a CTO to get what I want. Regards, Dan.
jamesnb
Not applicable
Views: 1,480
Message 7 of 11

Dan_public, you may wait for a while and check back the webite. For now, the option is not available.

dan_public
Not applicable
Views: 1,473
Message 8 of 11

I was very close to pulling the trigger on a T410.   That is, until I starting reading reviews about the display on the T410.   Part of the issue is the availability of WXGA+ and part of the issue is the poor color and contrast.  

These video issues frustrate me no end because the T410 looks like it has exactly what I need in a laptop - good performance, decent battery life, all of the most import features I need, and not a lot of excess "smelly stuff" that inhabits most laptops today.   I don't want my new laptop to run 60 frames per second video or have awesome gaming performance.  I want to be able to write and compile code, check email, run SQL Server if necessary, and be a good, solid tool.   But I want the display to be good quality too. Since I'm writing this off, I don't really care about spending money to get what I want.  But I'm not going to accept a poor quality display.

I might take the risk of getting a CTO machine if I couild return it if I didn't like it.  Does anyone know the Lenovo return policy?

Thanks,

Dan.

lead_org
Not applicable
Views: 1,467
Message 9 of 11

@dan_public wrote:

I might take the risk of getting a CTO machine if I couild return it if I didn't like it.  Does anyone know the Lenovo return policy?

Thanks,

Dan.

15 per cent restocking fee will apply. 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
dan_public
Not applicable
Views: 1,434
Message 10 of 11

Lead _org, Thanks, good feedback. Unlike a lot of issues, you need to see the screen to know whether it is acceptable. That could cost $300 if you didn't like it. That's pricey just to test it. I think I'll look at other brands. Thanks, Dan.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors