Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
htopasso
Paper Tape
Views: 180
Message 1 of 4

Thinkpad T410S Windows Upgrade

Hi!

I want to upgrade to Windows 10. I have Windows 7 Professional. xxxx OEM xxxx xxxx xxx .

The "get windows 10" icon appears in the taskbar but allways crash after 4% of the installation process. I tryied then with a Clean Install (I made an installation bootable stick with the Media Creation Tool). But whenever I type my Product Key, It says its not valid.

Then i chatted with a Microsoft Support tech, and he said me that Lenovo shoud validate my Product Key. That for some strange reason it has been blocked.

Could anyone in this forum help me with this? Y Bought my notebook four years ago, so the warranty expired...

Thanks!
Hernán

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 173
Message 2 of 4

Re: Thinkpad T410S Windows Upgrade

You should not post your MS ID here, it will be stolen and used by others, making it invalid for sure.

htopasso
Paper Tape
Views: 169
Message 3 of 4

True, I edited the message and deleted the ID.

Do you know any solution for my problem?

Thanks!

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 159
Message 4 of 4

Unfortunately I do not.   If Microsoft is stating that the ProductID on the sticker applied by Lenovo is invalid, you will have to get someone from Lenovo support to check on that, because it must be a mistake.   

Are you absolutely sure that and O is not an 0 etc. when reading the ProductKey?    

You could try a free program called KeyFinder/MagicJellybean to see if the product key saved in the registry of your Windows 7 system, matches that of the one applied on the sticker at the factory, but if you already formatted to do a clean install of Windows10, then that may not be an option if the previous Windows7 install is history.  

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors