Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 6 (9,925 Views)

Thinkpad T430 Cannot change Bios Boot order

last day i've just bought new machine thinkpad T430, when i try to change default order boot priority in BIOS, the menu is disable, i cannot change anything. Does thinkpad T430 came with default Supervisor password? Does anyone here know the supervisor password default? 

FYI, when i try to enter BIos, it ask the password, and i just hit Enter to enter the bios.

Thank You

ceb
WWAN
Message 2 of 6 (9,898 Views)

Re: Thinkpad T430 Cannot change Bios Boot order

It does not come with a password. Where did you buy the laptop?

Paper Tape
Message 3 of 6 (9,886 Views)

i buy from one of distributor from indonesia, my location in indonesia..

Topics: 0
Kudos: 124
Solutions: 59
Message 4 of 6 (9,853 Views)

Hey there Ferrym and welcome to the forums,

If you will check in this BIOS under Startup, what does it say next to Boot Order Lock? If it is enabled, are you able to change this to disabled? Thank you Ferrym.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.
Community Moderator
Message 5 of 6 (9,846 Views)

It says above that it prompts for a password if you hit F1 and you cannot change settings. That means it has a supervisor password, and discussions on defeating the password are not allowed. If you bought it this way, you should return it.

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.
Community SuperMod
Message 6 of 6 (9,840 Views)

@Ferrym...

richk is correct.

If you are being prompted for a BIOS password, you will need to speak with the seller.

Password circumvention discussions are not allowed per the Community Rules.

"No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc, or to subvert safety measures. Nor shall any posts provide descriptions to the location of, nor direct links to content related to these topics."

I'm sorry, but this thread is now locked.

Community GuidelinesSearch EN DE ES PT RU Moto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
X1Carbon3 X1Tablet2 Helix1 X220 X301 X200T T61p T60p TPStack Yoga910 Yoga900S
TPYoga12 T520 T420 T510 T400 R400 T61 Yoga900 Yoga3Pro Yoga2Pro Yoga13

I am not a Lenovo employee

Top kudoed Authors