cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tkhan0
Blue Screen Again
Views: 659
Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad T430 Detection error on bootup?

Recently I was in the middle of using my laptop when it bluescreened and crashed. Now I'm not proud of this, but for some reason this is not an uncommon sight; I bought this off of eBay a couple months ago and it worked fine for a few days before randomly bluescreening often. Now I tried to change and install all the eight drivers, and while that solved most issues for awhile. But then I received a detection error 2100 main hdd0 on startup. Now I actually fixed it that time, and none of my files seemed to be damaged, which is strange given the nature of the error but I didn't question it. Now however the error is back seemingly inspired and I can't seen to get my laptop to simply boot. I ran the memory test and it passed and I don't even have an ssd so I don't know what the issue is or why it was fixed last time (I changed the SATA to compatability and then back to ahci and reset it). I think it might have to do with a faulty or corroded contact but I have not opened it to check. If it's anything like last time, I'm willing to bet that there is actually nothing wrong with my drive but something is again causing it not to be detected. I do have photos if that will help, but they need to be compressed so for now I hope this will be enough.

Tkhan0
Blue Screen Again
Views: 648
Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad T430 Detection error on bootup?

QUICK UPDATE: Not even a full hour after posting the laptop decides to boot up normally after being plugged in? While I'm glad nothing of value was lost, I would still like to know if anyone has an idea as to why this keeps happening semi-often.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors