Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coolinepic
Paper Tape
Views: 1,810
Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad T430 turning on then immediately off

Hello,

My Thinkpad T430 has an issue where the main computer lights turn on (keyboard light, green power light, mute button), then instantly off.

I've tried the following:

1. Removing battery and power sources

2. Hold down the power button for 20 seconds (and variations)

3. Reconnecting power sources and turning the computer on

Still the problem persists. Any help?

Thanks

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,786
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkpad T430 turning on then immediately off

Hello and welcome,

With a somewhat older model this was sometimes caused by bent (shorting) pins in a USB socket.

I don't recall it being reported with a T430 but it's easy to check.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

coolinepic
Paper Tape
Views: 1,778
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkpad T430 turning on then immediately off

I have just checked all the USB ports. The "always on" usb port may be acting up, because it had stopped working before I started having problems with my T430. Could that be it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors