Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

09-15-2014

USA

3 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad T440p - No UltraNav - Can I just download the driver from support?

2014-09-15, 20:37 PM

I was wanting to disable the touchpad when I connect an external mouse, but I have no UltraNav settings anywhere under the Mouse controls nor can I find any reference to UltraNav anywhere in the laptop.  When I check Devices / Mice and other pointing devices, I simply have something called "PS/2 Compatible Mouse" and the properties show a Microsoft provided driver.  Can I simply download the UltraNav driver from Lenova and install it and then finally have access to the touchpad controls?

Thanks

Answer
Options

3019 Posts

03-15-2014

Bangalore

1126 Signins

57257 Page Views

• Views: 57257

Re: Thinkpad T440p - No UltraNav - Can I just download the driver from support?

2014-09-16, 11:15 AM

Hi TwoStepSRP,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per the query we understood that you are facing the drivers issue with Touchpad setting on your ThinkPad T440p.

You can download the drivers from Lenovo support site, but for the exact drivers you have to provide your system MTM (machine type-model number). It can be found on a black and white sticker on the bottom of your laptop.

Or you can download and install ThinkVantage system update utility application; this will automatically search for all required drivers and application for your system.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Hemanth Kumar

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Replies(2)
Answer
Options

3019 Posts

03-15-2014

Bangalore

1126 Signins

57257 Page Views

• Message 2 of 3

2014-09-16, 11:15 AM

Hi TwoStepSRP,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per the query we understood that you are facing the drivers issue with Touchpad setting on your ThinkPad T440p.

You can download the drivers from Lenovo support site, but for the exact drivers you have to provide your system MTM (machine type-model number). It can be found on a black and white sticker on the bottom of your laptop.

Or you can download and install ThinkVantage system update utility application; this will automatically search for all required drivers and application for your system.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Hemanth Kumar

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

3019 Posts

03-15-2014

Bangalore

1126 Signins

57257 Page Views

• Message 3 of 3

2014-09-17, 12:02 PM

Hi TwoStepSRP,

I am glad to hear that your issue has been resolved. Please feel free to post in Lenovo Community Forums if you have any further queries!

Cheers!:smileyhappy:

Hemanth Kumar

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms