Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: T400 / T500 and newer T series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

11-04-2015

Key West

3 Signins

84 Page Views

• Views: 84
  • Message 1 of 1

Thinkpad T440s Cursor constantly julmping when typing// old posts not helpfu

2015-11-04, 4:55 AM

See the subject line? I can't type a single sentence without cursor jumping somewhere else and having to redo everything. I have been trying to resolve this for the past 6+ hours.  I have missed 2 deadlines because of this.

I've spent hours going through these community  boards and before that trying to get Lenovo support to run diagnostics or check for updates, but can't open the downloaded Lenovo Service Bridge file for that even after switching from Firefox to IE. I've downloaded the Service Bridge file 6 times sucessfully but when I try to open and run it, nothing happens. I understand that I'm no longer under Lenovo warranty, but shouldn't I be able to run diagnostics and update drivers if necessary? This is the most user unfriendly computer help and support in my 25 + years of using computers.

Laptop purchased used from CEX 2 weeks ago, have only been using it about 3 days now.  Running Windows 7 Pro which came installed, awaiting my notification for Windows 10.

The cursor jumped when using the trackpad, which I hate anyway, I installed USB mouse, and problem persists.  It only happens when I'm typing something either online or any type of document.

When I go to the control panel, there is nothing under MOUSE for the Synaptic pad.  Since I can't find the touchpad, I can't disable it. Oh but it works, so it must be somewhere?

The answers for this issue in community forum are all over the map for all different types of devices and it doesn't seem like the problems are really resolved some pleas for help going back 6 years at least.

I can't believe the amount of time I've wasted with this piece of crap. Am going on 13 hrs straight of trying to get my work done because either I'm searching for answers or having to re-type everything 10 times.

bjm

Thinkpad T440s Windows 7 Pro

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms