Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TrueRage
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,517
Message 1 of 8

Thinkpad T440s Touch screen

Hi,

I recently bought a Thinkpad T440s under windows 10, and I saw that my screen support tactile function that doesn't work. See the picture attached.

Please if you have any idea to get the touch screen work help me. Thank you. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 6,502
Message 2 of 8

Re: Thinkpad T440s Touch screen

what is the full model number?  Can I see a picture of the screen?

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
TrueRage
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,469
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for the reply. attached you will find a picture of my screen. the full model number of the Monitor is MONITOR\LEN40A3 and for the Computer is 20AR. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 6,446
Message 4 of 8

That doesn't look like a touch screen.  (I don't know how windows figures out  that it has touch capability.  On the touch models, the T440s designation is lower down and the bezel looks different

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

TrueRage
Blue Screen Again
Views: 6,441
Message 5 of 8

There is a model of T440s that support touch screen, the bezel is integrated with the screen and it is glassy not like the one I have in my model it is a separate bezel. But windows still shows the compatibility of the tactile. 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 6,427
Message 6 of 8

Touch is an option on T440 and T440s.  Most don't have it.  On all the screens, touch and not-touch, the frame around the screen is bonded to the panel.  On the non-touch models, this frame extends all the way to the bottom.  The designation (T440s) is printed on the screen frame.  On touch models, the bezel is a narrow, gray strip across the full width of the screen and the designation is printed on the bezel.  The glass surface on the touch models contains a matrix of thin wires making up the static discharge digitizer.  Regardless of what windows says, if you don't have the glass digitizer, you don't have touch.

Rich

redsyrup
Paper Tape
Views: 5,757
Message 7 of 8

I have a T440s 20AQ that should support touch. After upgrading to Windows 10 I lost touch functionality. I've tried manually updating drivers and deleting/auto refreshing installing drivers in device manager and no success.

Do you know is there a firmware update for these lcds similar to the Yoga Models?

(link to Yoga Series Problems with Windows 10 Upgrade and Touch Digitizer)

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/tp02_en/thread-id/68479/page/16

(link to new post on T440s Model 20AQ with Windows 10 Upgrade and Touch Digitizer)

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T440s-20AQ-Touch-not-working-Windows-10-...

*Updated to include link to new post on this model T440s Model 20AQ.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 5,655
Message 8 of 8
Moved:

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors